*Please note that the contents of this page are solely the OPINIONS of the authors and the followers.*

Welcome to the Middle of the Road. This is a combined book review blog, one that is both cherished and prided over. We want everyone who comes to our page to find something of intrest to them, so when they walk away they are either satisfied or intrigued. We are both avid readers and have a passion about books that few of our other friends do. Both of us are happy to share our experiences in the book world and at times some goodies too. Enjoy your time here, and if you are anything like us, you could spend hours just wandering aimlessly through the world of books, just like a lazy afternoon down the Middle of the Road.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Interview with Katherine Warwick

Katherine is the author of Dancing with His Heart. We had the opportunity to ask her some questions and share her answers with all of you. Enjoy :)

We have learned that your Young Adult novels are written under the alias, Jennifer Laurens, while your Adult novels are written under your actual name. What made you use an alias for the Young Adult series?
Different genres, different names -- when I started I wrote three different genres: women's romance, young adult and edgy young adult - and I used different names for them all.

 At what age did you realize that you wanted to pursue being an author? How long after was your first book published?
10 years ago. I started writing professionally once my 6 children were all in school. My first book     was published 4 years after I started writing.

What was your inspiration for Dancing with His Heart?
It was one of three books I'd written revolving around the exciting and dramatic world of ballroom dance. I love ballroom and think it's a great place for romance and, at the time, I was the only one out there with books centered around ballroom dance.
               
 If you had to choose, which one of your books would you say is your favorite?
Heavenly because so much of my real life is in that book.
               
 Which character out of your books would you say is most like you?
 I'm in all of my books in some way or another. Everything from major details like the fact that I have a daughter who has autism (HEAVENLY series) to my mother used to teach ballroom dance. (DWHH)

 Choosing from books by other authors what is your favorite book?
Damage by Josephine Hart is by far the most incredible book I've read in years. Her writing is unbelievable.



 What is the main thing that you get out of your books besides the profits?
 I started writing to share my stories with people who might enjoy them. I never wrote for money, and it's a good thing - it's not a high paying position. However, as an indie author I remain in control of all of my rights and have sold foreign rights, film rights as well as ebook rights and am now supporting my family with my work - it's been an amazing turnaround!
 If you could choose another profession, what would it be?
I'm a mother, first and foremost - that's what I choose to do first.
 Who is your idol?
I don't idolize anyone but I admire anyone who stands up for what they believe no matter the cost.
 What is question do you really dislike seeing in an interview? (If we asked it we apologize! feel free to skip it!)
Any and all questions are always welcome. I love meeting and getting to know readers. Please find me on Twitter and Facebook and my blog for weekly giveaways :)





No comments: